Hey everyone,
So... it's been a while. Back in 2019 my son was on the way, and between a newborn and the server bills, something had to give. Servers are expensive, and it turns out a kid is basically a second mortgage. So I closed the forum and the servers. Didn't really have to when I think about it but I was young lol.
He's a bit older now, I have my evenings back (some of them), and I finally sat down and rebuilt the whole thing, with better servers. Honestly, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
Quick tour of what changed:
The forum is reorganized so things are easy to find: servers, plugins and dev stuff, gaming, and the lounge for everything else. The home page now shows all our servers live, with the map and how many people are on, pulled straight from HLstatsZ. Click one and you're in.
Signing in is way easier too. Use Steam or Google and you're in right away, no waiting on me or an admin to approve anything.
And yes, this is a Halloween theme. If the pumpkins and bats aren't your thing, there's a switch at the bottom of the page to go back to plain dark. Christmas and other seasons are coming too.
Now the part where I need you:
If you used to play here, go say hi in Introductions. I'd love to know who's still around.
If you want to help run things, I'm looking for admins and moderators. Post in Admin Applications, no essay needed.
If you run your own server or write plugins, the Plugins & Development section is for you. SourceMod, Metamod, CS2, AMX Mod X, whatever you're working on. Share it, ask questions, or grab HLstatsZ while you're there, that one was a lot of work and it turned out gold..
One last thing. Reply to this thread and tell me: when did you first play on SnipeZilla, and what do you want to see next? New maps, a tournament, a game mode, an event night. I'm reading everything.
See you on the servers. And on Discord if that's more your thing.
cedde
So... it's been a while. Back in 2019 my son was on the way, and between a newborn and the server bills, something had to give. Servers are expensive, and it turns out a kid is basically a second mortgage. So I closed the forum and the servers. Didn't really have to when I think about it but I was young lol.
He's a bit older now, I have my evenings back (some of them), and I finally sat down and rebuilt the whole thing, with better servers. Honestly, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
Quick tour of what changed:
The forum is reorganized so things are easy to find: servers, plugins and dev stuff, gaming, and the lounge for everything else. The home page now shows all our servers live, with the map and how many people are on, pulled straight from HLstatsZ. Click one and you're in.
Signing in is way easier too. Use Steam or Google and you're in right away, no waiting on me or an admin to approve anything.
And yes, this is a Halloween theme. If the pumpkins and bats aren't your thing, there's a switch at the bottom of the page to go back to plain dark. Christmas and other seasons are coming too.
Now the part where I need you:
If you used to play here, go say hi in Introductions. I'd love to know who's still around.
If you want to help run things, I'm looking for admins and moderators. Post in Admin Applications, no essay needed.
If you run your own server or write plugins, the Plugins & Development section is for you. SourceMod, Metamod, CS2, AMX Mod X, whatever you're working on. Share it, ask questions, or grab HLstatsZ while you're there, that one was a lot of work and it turned out gold..
One last thing. Reply to this thread and tell me: when did you first play on SnipeZilla, and what do you want to see next? New maps, a tournament, a game mode, an event night. I'm reading everything.
See you on the servers. And on Discord if that's more your thing.
cedde